http://billmortleyphotography.com   St Lucia wedding photographer



I thought I’d seen it all. I’ve lived in the Caribbean and in North America and consider myself something of a know-it-all, seen-it-all, been-there-done-that kind of a guy.

I’ve even become somewhat jaded I guess, so that quite often, when the crowds are running down the street to view something they consider unusual, spectacular, even extraordinary , like – just to imagine a scenario – out of nowhere an entire circus, complete with clowns, elephants and trapeze artistes were to come parading down Bridge Street, I’d probably simply raise an eyebrow, wonder what the fuss was about and continue eating my beef or chicken roti without giving the extravaganza a second look.
                                 Natasha & Junior Thoman | by St Lucia Weddings photographer
My attitude would probably be, “I’ve seen circuses before; can’t imagine what all the brouhaha is about. You’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.” And dismiss it.

See what I mean? Jaded. It takes a lot to impress me.

But once in every long while, like the proverbial thunderbolt from the blue, IT happens: the unexpected … that has my jaw dropping, my eyes fixed and staring, my attention grabbed and monopolized.

Let me cut to the chase and reveal what it is I’m talking about.

There I was, bored to high heaven, clicking and scrolling up and down Facebook, when I just happened to hit on this site that  opened up to an attractive wedding photograph. I was about to move on, when something stopped me. To this day, I’m not sure whether it was the faces of the couple who were holding hands and gazing into each other’s eyes, or the name of the site … which I recognized: http://billmortleyphotography.com .

It may have been the latter, Bill being a friend of mine, and I decided to tarry a while and see what kind of photography he was displaying on his site.
    Karla & Jovan Marshall | Wedding Photography In St Lucia | St Lucia Wedding Photographer

It happened that I had stumbled on the first photo of a wedding album devoted to a ceremony he had shot at “Almond Bay”.

Before I could click again, the picture faded and another took its place … and then another; and another; and another … you get the picture (no pun intended). There was music accompanying the succession of photo appearances – a song I had never heard, but which sounded so appropriate to the display, it had me wondering whether it had been especially composed for this specific performance. And the music somehow contributed to the enjoyment of the procession.

“So what,” you may by this time be asking? “A flow of wedding pictures with some background music. What’s so special about this, that has you bothering to sit at your computer and tell us about it?”
Wendy & Guy Joseph | St Lucia Wedding Photographer | affordable wedding photographer in St Lucia

Here is what: as I watched, it dawned on me that the pictures were following a pattern. These were not random photographs; they told a story … from the moment the bride sat down in the morning to apply her makeup, to her being helped by her mom and bridesmaids, there to make sure that the dress fitted just right, to her taking her father’s hand to be led down the aisle, to the actual ceremony itself (of course, on the other hand, there were photos of the bridegroom donning his wear in the company of his buddies, etc.), you followed the entire proceedings, picture frame by picture frame.

With the accompanying music, this was not a series of wedding photos, this was a story unfolding before your eyes of the greatest, most important day in the lives of these two participants.

But here is what impressed usually-non-impressible me: the album got to its end and closed up. And that’s when it dawned on me that I had not been watching a video presentation, but a series of photos. It all had been so inspirationally and professionally done, I had been captivated and transported into a world where only at its closure did I realize I hadn’t been watching a movie … a live video production.
    Anthony & Ruth Pajotte | Affordable Wedding Photographer in St Lucia | St Lucia Weddings


Truthfully, I was actually amazed when the cover of the album closed and that realization dawned on me.

It had been so effectively done, that were I to meet one or both of the newlyweds on the street, I could have pretended to be an invitee at the ceremony on their special day and give them such a realistic blow-by-blow account of what had taken place, neither one would even dream of doubting my word.

Needless to say, I spent the rest of my remaining spare time on the site, watching productions from other venues, as varied as the Pitons to a London church … unable to tear myself away.

Impressed? You bet I was … and still am. And as we established from the very beginning, it takes a lot to impress little-old-jaded me.

Go see for yourself: St Lucia wedding photographer http://billmortleyphotography.com . And even before you do, here’s a bet for you: if you don’t agree that this is the best ever, lunch is on me.

That’s how impressed I am of St Lucia Wedding Photographer, Bill Mortley.

Comments